br

Monday, January 30, 2006

The lengths that some PR people will go to...

Gotta love the folks over at Conchango, who are raising money for the Duke of Edinburgh Award. I had to donate to their cause - couldn't resist after the email I got from their fab PR manager:

"As some of you may be aware I’ve volunteered to do this year's 3 peaks challenge in aid of the Duke of Edinburgh award. I’m taking on the challenge with my team members from Conchango and we’ll be donning pink ballerina tutu’s to demonstrate our agility and flexibility whilst frog marching up and down the 3 highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales - Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon.

Those of us who are brave, noble, or just plain stupid, will try to do all 3 within the space of 24 hours - The Three Peaks Challenge. There is no official body, or definition of the Three Peaks Challenge. It is generally accepted that to complete the challenge you must ascend and descend all three peaks, and drive (or be driven) between them, within 24 hours."



A couple of things caught my attention about this call to action - pink's my favourite colour, I believe in the Duke of Edinburgh award and it made me chuckle. On top of all of which - anyone braving UK peaks in tutu's at this time of the year, must be mad.

Good luck team Conchango!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home